Tuesday, October 30

Be like Dave

I think I'll be like Dave and post every 10-14 days or something. Though it's only been 9 days as of today. I also think that I'll brag about my fantasy football team. Check it out:

DIVISION 1
TEAMWLTPCTGB
Mesquite Bulldawgs530.625--
HARRISBURG COWBOYS350.3752
Dallas Panthers251.3132.5
Mesquite Dirty Birds260.2503
GRIDIRON KILLERS161.1883.5

DIVISION 2
TEAMWLTPCTGB
KY Sasquatch8001.000--
Mesquite Mustangs620.7502
Alabama SomethingStupid440.5004
Texas Big Dawgs440.5004
Marlton Mean Machine440.5004

I'm Sasquatch. It fits, because I'm crushing the competition. My margin of victory is +27.9; for reference, the next best is the Mustangs at +11.3. John Hollinger would be proud. So there.

In real sports, UK football is trying to revert back to its old ways by turning the ball over six times against a sub-par defensive team. Let's hope it was a fluke. On a happier note, the Spurs open the NBA season tonight with their championship ring ceremony. Time for Timmy, Tony, and Manu to do it again.

In real life news, student teaching is improving. Mr. Marsh has let me do warmups every day since last Monday, I started a piece (Agnus Dei by Hans Leo Hassler) with one group on Friday, and I'm starting a couple more pieces (This Train arr. by Earlene Rentz and O Magnum Mysterium by Tomas Luis de Victoria) with other groups later this week. The students seem to like me, so that's good, but they talk so dang much. It's not that there are a whole lot of discipline problems; they really have none. They just can't stop talking, and it bugs the crap out of me.

Quote of the week: (large special ed. boy explaining why he refuses to sing in his normal register, instead singing falsetto all the time) "I don't want to sound like an old woman!"

1 comment:

David Benz said...

You are going down bro! In both leagues!