Sunday, October 21

Blogs suck

I have long maintained that I would not have a blog. My family thinks differently, apparently. Oh, well. You win some, you lose some.

I didn't know what to write about on my first post, so it's just a little of everything. Enjoy.

We went camping on Friday, as you probably know from Ashley's blog. It was pretty sweet; the weather was perfect, the company was great, the fire was warm (once it got started). The campsite was a little cramped, and we were right next to a group of 15-20 college students from Ohio Northern University who were in a camping a backpacking class. One dude came over to say hi after he heard Chris playing the guitar. We didn't get his name, but Ashley said he looked like a Thad. I guess so. We also walked up to the natural bridge, which was pretty cool looking at this time of year. You can see pictures on Ashley's blog. I'm too lazy to put them on here.

So I'm depressed about UK's loss to Florida, but I'll get over it. We've just got to regroup and remember that we can still be a factor in the SEC race. It sucks that USC and UF have the tiebreaker over us. By the way, we're 0-2 in the SEC East. No good.

School has been very interesting. I finished up my student teaching at Squires (the elementary school) on the 12th, so I've been at Lafayette High for three days (Fayette Co. had the 18th and 19th off). Their choirs are really good, as is their director, Ryan Marsh, who looks like he's about 16. I'm really looking forward to working with them. I hope he gives me a good amount of time with his good choirs and he stops ignoring me in class. That'd be good. The highlight of the first three days was the Men's and Women's Choir concert. The Men's Choir has 12 members, and 8 of them are designated special ed. Very interesting group, to say the least. I'm not sure why they decided to put a bunch of special ed. kids in choir, but I suppose it's better than having a bunch of kids who don't want to be there.

Finally, Ashley and I are working on having a baby. As our good friend Dan so eloquently explained in his Guiness-induced state, it's easy and fun work. Indeed, Dan.

Quote of the Day: "If I was someone else, I would annoy me." - Ashley (You don't annoy me, honey!)

2 comments:

David Benz said...

Way to have your first real post dude! I like your blog name.

David Benz said...

I still feel pretty good about where we sit in the SEC East race. South Carolina plays at Tennessee, and Florida plays at Georgia this week. South Carolina and Florida also have play each other at some point. If we win the rest of our games, we will be right there.